Saturday, December 10, 2005

Quicky

Ok... I don't have much time, but I said that I would start up dating this thing because I finally have some interesting, non-personal shit to say.

I'm in Hollywood. Last night I got here at 11pm. I'd been traveling (mostly waiting in Airports) for going on 14 hours. So, as you, can imagine, I was quite happy to see Mark's car pull up to the curb at long beach airport, where I arrived.

It was so surreal to step off the plane and not be instantly freezing my ass off. I love the weather here because it is so different from New England's and so consistent. What don't like, straight off, is the pollution. I noticed as I was waiting for Mark in Long Beach. Cigarette and Cigar smoke seemed to be everywhere and that mixed with the noxious gas and diesel fumes from cars and buses.

Mark and I drove to LAX to get Ally. The place, aside from being massive, is also interestingly designed. As we drove into the airport circle that connects all the gates, large columns rose from the ground in a random formation on either side. Things seem to be genuinely and thoughtfully designed; a mix of contemporary with classical. It's really gaudy in some places (esp. when classical stuff is under lit with colored lights) but most often it is interesting and fun to look at.

It was good to see Ally - gave her a crushing hug.

So I am here, and that's all I know. I love you New England, but I've got to go. I've gotta see if I can make it out here on my own. See if this world's an ocean on which we float alone.

No comments: