Sunday, August 20, 2006

Something is just not right

"I don't want to live here anymore."

"Oh, you regret the move you made?"

"No, I don't want to live here, now, anymore."

"What other choise do you have?"

"I've been reading about Themepolae."

"What the hell are you talkin' about?"

"Defeat of the Spartan legions at Thermopylae. They were out numbered 10 to 1 by the invading Persian army."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"The odds seem so much better. Their enemies had eyes. You could look into there eyes."

"Again, what are you talking about?"

"They fought to the last man. That was their law. They use to say learning comes only through suffering. I'm starting to thing I've stopped learning."

"Maybe you should start taking the whole pill instead of half. Think that would help?"

"I think my enemy needs a face. I would happily follow the law to the last." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never fit in either.When you are never good enough for yourself or anyone else... but it is very real.
That's the depression.

We were always taught that we were better than others and became shocked into the corners of our minds when we discovered that there are many others better. That fact in itself makes you much more loved: because you need love. There are no conditions to love when it is real.

Do not set yourself so high, it is not becoming a doctor that will change how much of yourself you can stand in the silent times: it is becoming yourself.

There is someone who will love you for that.