Friday, September 15, 2006

Coffee and Contacts in the Evening

Are you listening?

I'm still running away

I wont play your hide-and-seek game

the sweetness will not be concerned with me.

I got a secondary from BU and the doubt rolled in with the fog.

At least that is how I woke up. I was in a really sour mood this morning. It was due to wracking my brain on what sort of narrative I will give as my secondary essay.

I am not consistent with what I want to do. I've never quite learned to do this: have habits that I deem cool and worthy. Like this one. Will this make me a bad doctor? No. In fact, a lot of being a doctor--as far as I've noticed--is dealing with the novelty of each person and their particular state. But that is not to say that being consistent with documentation of my thoughts would be amiss or useless.

Life in SF is always interesting. I've adapted nicely, I think... Although, I've not figured out the social scene here just yet. There are several young ladies that I've had a good time with (not like that). But, I takes initiative to date here, and money, and I barely have either. I've lost all interest cause I'm to busy comparing these merge lusts to the greater ills of the world. I guest it is also because I've lost a little faith in things.

I was talking to someone, who specifically I can not remember, and this fact will buttress the statement he made...

"Yeah, cities are hard [places to meet people]. You've got a million people all ignoring each other."

This is so true, to the point where I will not ever forget the statement. Sadly, the person who uttered those words has passed into the social fog, like most of those I meet.

I wont ever be as alone as I am here, nor will I ever live amongst so many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or 8.1 million people ignoring each other. It's fucking amazing.

There are times when I think New York City is the loneliest place I'll ever go.



Not everybody you meet passes into said social fog. And even when they do, they have left an impression, become a part of who you are. Imagine how many people you have met: you are a part of their lives. All of them.