Sunday, October 01, 2006

Needle Exchange [10/01/06]

Not really much to report:

We need a diagram and rating of the best areas to inject IV drugs.

I volunteer with a really cute Berkley student, Julie.

Ascorbic acid-> break crack down to inject.

People hit arteries. You think people care about living or dying with an addiction like that?

I walked away from needle exchange with a bit of doubt about how much of a difference I could possibly be making.
Then I realized that for every junky (tweeker) that comes in and gets a free needles and never returns them, there is a more responsible amount of drug use out on the streets. People are using the clean needles if they are present and accessible. The less disease the better, that is the rule. HIV and HEP C can be easily transmitted between classes. It doesn't care about your assets. It just needs a warm body.


Hmm....

All in all, and at the end of the day, I'm a country boy. Though I do like me some city from time to time.

No comments: