Thursday, November 10, 2005

Never going to be


"I'm all at sea. Where no one can bother me. I drink by myself. I sleep on my own."


I want you to know that this is for you and only you. You are so beautiful. I'm never going to be the absolute. The doubts will set in and they will set to whispering. You and I, just another thing I'm getting over, until it is time to resume puzzeling on myself again.

[Started with marble.
Tall and cubic and white.
Pure.]

It started with stone.
It ends with you, there, alone.

He takes up his chisle and hammer.
this task for worship, for glammour.

The marble doesn't flake.
Nor does it smooth your shape.

He sweats with his toil.
his face gritty and soiled.

the marble resembles a form.
he smooths it, wishing it warm.

And when she is done.
the pining only begun.

"This way I can have you only.
This way you will stave me only.
This way you will be,
Forever: Pure, cold, with me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you