Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Chapter is closed

It is official.

I am sitting in a very small, very cool, very cozy cafe on the street where I am staying. You know, this is my dream. To spend my nights in the company of candles and beer and trendiness. I couldn't be happier. I've been alone almost everywhere I've been, everyday. This place is mine to discover because the vial is only over the void in my mind. This weekend will be my first in San Francisco. Needless to say, I am looking forward to it. My job is amazing. For those of you that don't know, I landed a job last Wednesday at the Pain Clinical Research Center @ UCSF.

It is kinda creepy how this worked out. Anyone who listened to my rant the last month I was in the North East knows that I specifically picked UCSF as the place I wanted to work and clinical research as my ideal mode of employment. And so it has come to pass (seriously)?

I think of my time at UVM and feelings of warmth swell inside me, as they do now. I'm hoping this is the next chapter of my life and that it is as uplifting as UVM.

"Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where, we don't know where." - Only living boy in New York, Simon and Garfunkel

All the time I know where I am now. Every moment.

I guess I can close one and open another just as good.

No comments: