Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine

Happy Valentine's day

white snow

There is something that says "Valentine's Day" in your face.
The blush of your cheeks, the red of your lips.
the white and delicate red hues.
But I can't be with you.


I saw the moon hanging over the city.
And I saw you standing in the snow.
With the light pouring down.
And your mittens in my hands.

I found a sad song to hang my soul on.
Tonight I'm thinking of you.
In a low simple voice.
And I'm realizing, it is much more than snow.

But I'm the person who needs to cut to feel.
And needs to go, so I might return.
And needs wander the desert,
Before I can drink of the spring.

Red and white is what you want.
And love is the taste you seek.

And when I return I can spread over you.
Making angels in the snow.
And praying,
I never let this Valentine go.

No comments: