Monday, April 24, 2006

It's more about

I just saw an independent film at the Balboa Theater called "I am a sex addict" by the guy who directed "A waking life"

Really, really funny, artful and, in the end, touching. 

I'm glad to see people with vices who aren't ashamed to document them. It is difficult; you can take it to the grave.  

I wrote this at the beach on 4/20/06:

When I was young I faced east
when the sun was low it rose
rose above the Atlantic
and all the submerged histories
I knew nothing of

Now,here

The sun is low in the west, sinking
into the Pacific, or a slight sooner,
clouds make the western wall
The sun, in its ancient rung, has climbed from my birthplace
The place my parents
dipped my timid toes in the Icy brine
for the first time.

It's more about a life of first times, changes and impressions.
It's more about saying what you mean if you mean it
showing all your skin to the ones you want to keep
and loving completely the ones in your skin

It's more about living life,
than life.

No comments: